It has already been mentioned that the Lord Barnard Lodge was consecrated at Ingham Street in October 1902. The Founders must have intended to have their own premises for at an emergency Lodge held on 14th January 1903 it was agreed to acquire the premises of the Tyne Dock Unionist Club in Whitehead Street, Tyne Dock.
No purchase price was given but at a later meeting it was agreed to pay £70.00 to the Unionist Club for furniture and fittings and expend a further £80.00 on furnishings for the Lodge and Ante-rooms.
The Hall was opened on 26th April,1904 by the Provincial Grand Master, The Rt. Honourable, The Lord Barnard. A special Lodge Meeting was held to mark the occasion and after the Lodge was opened the Provincial Grand Master entered and took the Chair. He remained in the Chair as Acting Worshipful Master, initiated the Candidate, Mr. John Anderson McLean, into Freemasonry and delivered the Charge in the N.E. corner.
It is worth noting that in 1904 there were 44 Lodges in the Province compared with 205 today. In 1907 Lord Barnard Lodge was joined by John Readhead Lodge which remained at Whitehead Street until 1925 when it transferred to the newly opened Hedworth Hall. Over the next forty years two Lodges were consecrated, and held their subsequent meetings at Whitehead Street:- Tyne Dock Lodge No. 4218 on 16th April 1921 and Gothic Lodge No. 6749 on 27th November 1948.
The Hall continued to operate until 1952 when, owing to increasing costs, Lord Barnard Lodge resolved to sell the Building to the Perseverance Social Club for £2,500.00. The Hall was closed on 7th July, 1952 and the three Craft Lodges plus two Royal Arch Chapters and one Mark Lodge removed to the Hedworth Hall.