In the early 1920's the Brethren of Hedworth Lodge began to find their existing accommodation at Ingham Street inadequate for their needs. Lodge memberships were increasing and the town was expanding to the South into the Westoe, Harton and Cleadon areas. Accordingly, in March 1923 a small Committee was set up to enquire into the prospects of obtaining suitable premises or land.
Two sites near Westoe Village were considered and in August 1923 the Lodge acquired the house and grounds known as "Woodside", Westoe for £3,500.00. A contract was awarded to erect the Building now known as the Hedworth Masonic Hall, at an estimated cost of £11,480.00. With the addition of furniture and furnishings the final cost of the whole project was approximately £20,000.00.
The foundation stone was laid on 19th November, 1924 by the Provincial Grand Master, Rt. W. Bro. The Right Honourable, The Lord Ravensworth, who in the following year opened and dedicated the completed Building on 26th August 1925. The first Regular Meeting of Hedworth Lodge in its new home was held the following day on Thursday 27th August 1925.
The John Readhead Lodge transferred to the Hedworth Hall from Whitehead Street in September, 1925 and on the 21st October, 1925 the Westoe Lodge No. 4750, a daughter Lodge of John Readhead Lodge, was consecrated at the Hedworth Hall. On 9th June 1945 St. Lawrence Lodge No. 6042 was consecrated at the Hedworth Hall. On 3rd July 1999 the Lodge of Fellowship No. 9694, a Daylight Lodge, was consecrated at the Hedworth Hall.