The tender for the new Hall amounting to £2,247.00 was accepted on. I6th March 1884. 'The Foundation Stone was laid on 9th June 1884. A special Lodge was held at the Wesleyan Schoolroom, Chapter Row. By special dispensation the brethren, in full Masonic Regalia and headed by the band of the Third Durham Artillery Volunteers, marched in procession to the site of the new Hall.
The Foundation Stone was laid by the Mayor of South Shields, W. Bro. T.G. Mabane. After the ceremony the procession returned to the Schoolroom and closed the Lodge. A Banquet, held afterwards in the Golden Lion Hotel, was attended by 130 Brethren including distinguished Provincial Officers.
The Hall was opened on 9th February 1885 the Regular Meeting of St. Hilda Lodge and the St. Hilda and Hadrian Lodges began working in their new home and remain there to this day. The cost of the Hall was financed by a Mortgage which was finally paid off on 1st October 1916. In 1925 the hall was extended and improved. The Lodge Room was enlarged, the Banqueting Hall extended to accommodate 170 diners (fire regulations have reduced this substantially) and new Club Rooms, Kitchen, Servery etc., added.
The total cost including refurbishing amounted to £5297.14.8d. This sum was also financed by Mortgage - finally paid off in January 1948.